March 24, 2013

Blue Bells Ring

Today's post, for my second Swatch'n Saturday is China Glaze's Blue Bells Ring. This polish is hands down my favourite Blue polish and I have quite the collection. Being from Vancouver I am constantly on the hunt for the perfect Canucks blue, so over the years I have accumulated quite a few. I had a mix emotion of pride and guilt the other day when I used my new China Glaze app to colour match my jersey, I actually owned all 18 suggestions.

The reason why I chose this beautiful metallic cobalt blue is because tonight was Earth Hour and I thought the colour would make the perfect base for a earth themed mani. My Earth Hour was pretty uneventful, after a busy day at the salon and a dark apartment I was out for the count, I fell asleep by 8:35.

This design is super simple and the combo of metallic polishes looks great together. I started with my Blue Bells Ring Base, then using my small dotting tool and my darker green polish I added in random earth like shapes over the nails. Then with a softer golden green I added some minor detail to the center of the green I previously painted. The two shades I used are from China Glaze's Bohemian Collection. The darker colour is Unpredictable and the other is Rare and Radient both stunning shades. To finish off the design I used my Black instant Artist paint ant outlined the cuticle area, this created a more rounded earth like shape on the nail.

I love this design, it is a combo of two of things I'm most passionate about, which are preserving our earth and nail art. I hope you like them as much as I do!





8 comments:

  1. Aw, this is pretty and so is the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/03/international-giveaway-by-born-pretty.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fitness tips in above some basic ideas for keeping fit and healthy body.
    My grandma can really feel vindicated at such a claim,she's been saying this all my life. Menopause weight gain is not inevitable, but it can be more difficult to maintain a healthy weight as your metabolism slows.

    My web-site fitnesstipsonly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quality content is the important to invite the visitors
    to visit the web page, that's what this web site is providing.

    my site - Biotechnology and Bioengineering

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are going away to watch comical videos
    on the net then I suggest you to pay a quick visit this web site, it consists
    of genuinely so humorous not only videos but also extra
    data.

    Here is my webpage - http://fabricadeaventuras.com.br/desenv/ChristiefiMccantsgm

    ReplyDelete
  6. This video post is genuinely great, the echo feature and the picture quality of this
    video post is actually awesome.

    Here is my weblog :: www.bosgemors.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  7. People talk themselves out of exercising so easily, and the opposite
    can be so easy. The reason this is important is because you will have a stronger knowledge base and bag of tricks to keep you going on the rougher days.

    ' Being physically active can promote good mental health and help you to manage stress, anxiety and depression.

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: myplaceonthisearth.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest to south will prevail over northern and
    Central Luzon and coastal waters along these areas will
    be moderate to rough. " Earlier today some cruise ship struck land in Alaska. This secret Taoist soak will wash any lingering worries down the drain and give you a fabulous and fresh start.

    my web page - Latest Daily News

    ReplyDelete