November 17, 2012

Scorpio

I was planning my designs on my calendar put sagittarius in for the 22nd, when I realized I never did  do a Scorpio design. I am not sure what happeded with this one, but I completely forgot to do it. I guess I must have got caught up in alll the Halloween designs and it slipped my mind. but here it is, I am going to sneak it in at the end.

For the nails I used my new metallic blue polish from the China Glaze Christmas collection. The polish is Blue Bells Ring, this color looks completely different on the nail than it does in the bottle, and for once its actually way better. I am used to being disappointed because a polish is more translucent than it seems or other issues like that. This polish is surprisingly amazing. I do have a little bit of a blue polish addiction so I was very happy I went against my plan of not buying anymore blue shades because I would definitely be missing out. The rest of the design I went with golds and bronzes which I think complimented the blue nicely. When I pulled out the colors for the design I initially had red out, but realized I was picturing a lobster in my head, lol! I have absolutely no idea why, but I had a good laugh to myself. That could have been embarrassing!! So instead I painted the scorpion, for this I used my Instant Artist paints in Chocolate and a Copper shade from the birds of a feather flights of fancy kit, not sure what the name is because they do not sell it individually. The writing and symbol were painted using Solid gold, Crisp White, Jet Black, Fiery Red and 24K Gold Glitter, in the usual style as all the previous signs.

I enjoy doing these designs, it's sad I only have one more to go, and to top it off its the one I have been dreading the whole time

1 comment:

  1. Heya outstanding website! Does running a blog similar to this take a
    massive amount work? I've very little knowledge of programming but I had
    been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyhow, should you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply had to ask.
    Many thanks!

    Also visit my web-site - kitchen renovation ideas ()

    ReplyDelete