November 24, 2012

Sagittarius

Here it is, the sign I have been dreading for the last 11 months. Sagittarius is the last one of my zodiac collection, I saved it for the end because I really had no idea how I was going to do it. In the end I am glad I saved it, it was the most difficult to paint but with the practice from the other designs it actually ended up being pretty easy.

My biggest concern when painting this was painting the word Sagittarius, all of the other designs are done the same way, with the word over the middle three fingers, outlined in black then outlined in white. This one was a little trickier since the word Sagittarius is quite long. By my amazement I actually fit it all in on the first try, rather than the usual 2 letters per nail I had to squish 3 or 4. My next concern going into this design, was the symbol of the archer, it was also more difficult than the rest. The polish I used for the base was new shade from China Glaze's Christmas collection called Champagne kisses. Sagittarius is a fire sign, so I went with coppers , orange and brown tones for design.

Well now that its done, I can honestly say I panicked prematurely, it wasn't half as bad as I made it out to be in my head and I am actually pretty happy with the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work!!! This is my sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADOREI O SEU BLOG! JA ESTOU TE SEGUINDO! PARABENS...

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete