November 27, 2012

Matte vs Sparkle Filigree

I am loving the combo of matte polish with either a super glossy design or sparkle. When paired with the matte it creates a really nice contrast

For the design I had to use my new favourite polish, Blue Bells Ring by China Glaze. It already dries pretty matte but with the top coat it's perfect. I started by painting my nails with this awesome blue, then before continuing with the design I gave the nails a coat of Orly's Matte Top Coat. Next using my Jet Black Instant Artist paint I painted the French tip and the swirled filigree design. Originally I was going to go with shiner black so using a long thin striping brush and patent leather top coat I went over all the black design. Once complete I wasn't overly excited so I decided to continue with some glitter. With my Platinum Glitter paint I went over the swirls one last time.

I am very happy that I went with the glitter, it definitely makes the design. I'll add pictures of both below so you can see what in talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment