November 18, 2012

Dumbo

I have a long list of requests that I am starting to tackle, today's post is one of them. Dumbo was requested by one of my Instagram followers and I instantly loved the idea, not just because I always enjoyed the movie as a child, but because I could use this design to raise awareness for a cause that is dear to my heart. The only thing I am more passionate about than nail art is animal rights. One issue is that I am very against the treatment of animals in the circus, especially the elephants. I did this with my Nemo nails to raise ocean preservation awareness and it received the most likes out of any of my designs, I hope that this post will also reach as many people. I am not going to go off on a tirade about why you should not attend the circus, I'm just simply asking you click the link below and sign the petition to end the beating and abuse of circus elephants. I have attached a video by Alec Baldwin below if you would like more info on the topic

Sign Petition

For the base of this design I went with China Glaze Caribbean Escape, its a beautiful turquoise blue polish. The design was painted using my usual Instant Artist paints. The colors I used were: Crisp White, Jet Black, Chocolate, Beige, Pink Pastel, Fiery Red and Sunshine, I did have to mix black and white together to make the color of Dumbo, but other than that the colors I had were good.

I like painting designs that spread out over the nails, its always fun to have the extra challenge of making sure everything lines up. I could not be happier with how these turned out, the Disney designs are always my favorite!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment