November 01, 2012

Day 298 - Dia De Los Muertos

Today's post is sugar skulls for Dia De Los Muertos or Day Of The Dead. For those of you who do not know what this is, its a two day celebration to remember loved ones that have passed away. It's not a day that I celebrate but I think the idea is great. I have been fortunate to not have lost too many people in my life, but the ones I have lost have made a big impact on my life. While painting these nails I made sure to take time to remember these people.
 
For this design I started with a beautiful metallic blue from the bohemian collection. Using white paint I painted in five different shaped skulls. Next I out lined the skulls and painted all the little details in black.  I went a little thicker so I could layer the bright colors on top and still have some of the black show underneath. This design required no special mixing of colors, so I was able to use my Instant Artist paints for the entire design. The colors used were Fiery Red, True Blue, Rose, Orange Peel, Sunshine, Sky Blue, Hot Pink, Leafy Green, Crisp White and Jet Black.
 
I am really happy with how this turned out, I enjoy all the bright colors and designs that sugar skulls come in
 

1 comment:

  1. There is so much detail! How long did those take?

    ReplyDelete