October 20, 2012

Day 289 - Nightmare Before Christmas

For today's post I wanted to paint one of my favorite movies to watch at Halloween, and that is Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. In my opinion this movie is perfection, I love almost everything Tim Burton does but this is for sure my favorite!

For the base of this design I wanted to go with a marbleized look, I figured this would create some depth and background detail. To achieve this look I simply painted the nails with a coat of black polish, then for the second coat I painted random dots of blue, charcoal and the black swirling them with the polish brush. Its a very subtle marble effect but just enough to break up a solid background. For the characters I used mostly acrylic paint with the odd Instant artist for the finer details. I was pretty lucky with the colors, I didn't have to mix to many shades.

I am very happy with these, next post will have to be a client because I won't want to take it off!

3 comments:

  1. So, so envious of your skills. I'm currently sporting a Jack-o-Lantern manicure, but it's not in the same league. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cool! I love the movie :)

    ReplyDelete