October 17, 2012

Day 288 - Bewitched

Today one of my coworkers asked if I had painted a witch yet, since I had not I decided to google famous witches. there were so many witches I wanted to do but I decided to go with a Bewitched design. Samantha is probably the furthest from the typical Halloween witch that I was searching for but I loved the show and had to do it. I was not born when the series ran but I did spend many hours watching Nick at Night in the 90's, this show was definitely one of my favorites.
 
 The color I chose for the base was a bright metallic royal blue from Essie. this is an awesome nail polish, I am usually pretty biased and stick with China Glaze but this shade was perfect for this design. I painted this based on the opening animation of the TV series, the picture is of a city scape over a night sky with Samantha the witch flying above. The buildings were quite easy to paint, they were mostly black with the odd set of yellow windows. I painted this over the four fingers. Once that was dry I painted the hand written Bewitched over the first three fingers. This step was by far the hardest, I found connecting the letters very tricky. On the thumb I wanted tho paint the full witch like it is seen at the beginning of the episodes, but once I started I knew there was no way I could fit her whole body and a broom. So I decided to paint a more close up shot.  The colors I used on the thumb are Instant Artist Royal Blue, Beige, Yellow Submarine, Fiery Red, Rose and Jet Black.
 
I think these turned out really cute, not quite what I originally had in mind for a Halloween design but it works!

 
 
Polish: Essie Aruba Blue

1 comment:

  1. You think they turned out cute???? How about freaking amazing!!!!!! I'm in awe

    ReplyDelete