October 11, 2012

Day 282 - Hotel Transylvania


When I was thinking of different Halloween designs I new I had to do this one. This movie is definitely on my to see list, I am a sucker for animated movies and I love Halloween, it sounds like the perfect combo to me. I can't wait to see it.
 
The polish I used for the base is from the China Glaze Magnetix II collection, It's a really pretty cranberry shade. At first I was going to magnetize the polish for a little bit of dimension to the background, but once it was applied I was distracted by prettiness of it and completely forgot. In order to paint these character I had to do a lot of custom mixing of paint, I used mostly Instant Artist paints and some regular acrylic craft paint as well. Each character had lots of different highlights and shadows, so I chose a color that would be used for the majority and then mixed it with black, brown and white giving me four shades to work with. since I haven't seen the movie I was completely sure which characters to go with, so I picked the ones I thought would look the best on the nails.
 
I am really happy with how this one turned out. Every time I decide to paint one of my cartoon designs I get anxiety, but I am finding it is getting easier and easier. 
 
 
Polish: China Glaze Positively in Love

1 comment: