October 10, 2012

Day 280 - Ghosts

The inspiration for this design came from a post I did last month. I had painted the nails alternating stripes and polka dots. I had also painted roses. Today I wanted to do something similar with a Halloween design. To make it a little bit different I went with super thin lines, tiny dots and of course ghosts instead of roses.
 
This design was quite simple, the real challenge was painting thin straight lines and keeping them as evenly spaced as possible. The ghosts and Boo!s were simply painted with a white striping paint and outlined with black. When I was done painting, I felt as though something was missing. I decided to add some crystal in green, purple and orange to add some extra color. I also added the odd tiny hexagon glitter around the crystals.
 
I am not in love with nails, I was actually really excited to remove it. But surprisingly they were a hit on Instagram, I am not sure what it is that I do not like but there is definitely something. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment