October 08, 2012

Day 278 - Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! (well at least everyone in Canada) hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with family and way too much food. I know I sure did. I had two thanksgiving feasts and I am definitely feeling it. 
 
As a kid I was always excited about this time of year. Thanksgiving was the start of the classic TV specials, starting with Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, taking us through Halloween into Christmas. So when I was thinking of what I wanted to paint on my nails I knew I had to paint Charlie Brown. I had painted a peanuts design for Christmas and it was one of my favorites, so I saw no other option for this post.
 
I started with a simple pearlized neutral polish, my nails are quite short right now so I didn't want to go with anything too busy. The characters were painted using instant artist paints in Chocolate, Beige, Hot Yellow, Crisp White and Jet Black. On the Index and pinkie finger I used two China Glaze polishes in Jamaican Out and Street Racing and applied then randomly in a dotting motion, next using my black paint I went over the dots and drew in some leaves. I was happy with how this turned out so decided to add some leaves  to the background of the other nails as well. to finish the design I painted in a tree on the index finger and the nails were complete.
 
I think this design is lots of fun for thanksgiving! it's not quite as awesome as the Christmas version but it is definitely my favorite fall design that I have ever painted.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I’ve featured your beautiful nail art design on my recent post “Top Thanksgiving Nail Art Ideas & Inspiration” on my blog! (http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/)

    If you create any more looks like this that you think fall into this category, post links on my Facebook wall or comment on the post and I’ll add them and the links in the post! Keep up the great work!

    <3 The Sparkle Queen

    ReplyDelete