October 07, 2012

Day 276 - Halloween Crackle

Today's post is a fun simple design anyone can do. I decided to do this design because I have so many crackle and shatter polishes that I have no idea what to do with. I really like the look of them but they never were popular with my clients. I have heard on numerous occasions that they look a little scary, so I thought they would be perfect for Halloween.
 
I started with a black polish, painting it partially up the nail not worrying about the diagonal line. Then using a flat square brush and polish remover I cleaned up the line so I was left with a diagonal tip without any polish. Using a neon green polish I filled in the tip with two coats of polish. Next I went over with China Glaze Ghoulish Glow top coat to make the polish glow in the dark. In order apply the purple crackle I had to wait until the tip was completely dry. Once I was good to go I painted one thicker coat of crackle. The thicker you apply the polish the larger cracks you get, I am not a fan of lots of small cracks, so I always paint it on thick. To finish off this design I pressed a heavy orange glitter into the line separating the black from the crackle.
 
 
 
China Glaze: Liquid Leather, Electric Pineapple, Ghoulish Glow and Crackle Fault Line

No comments:

Post a Comment