October 06, 2012

Day 275 - Owls

I have been meaning to paint owls for a while now, so you can imagine how excited I was when my cousin came into the salon and requested this design. She is involved in both Sparks and Brownies so she wanted some nails that would go with both groups. The Sparks wear pink so that is why we chose this specific french color. For the Brownies we went with the owls and obviously the brown that was incorporated into the design.
 
This design was done using gel polish to give it some durability. I started with a pink tip, once that was cured I added tiny polka dots to the tips of the nail using my smallest dotting tool. I found that the pink polish did not pop against the natural nail color, so I decided to paint a thin brown line followed by a line of China Glaze I'm not lion to give it a little more definition. The owls were painted using Instant Artist paints, I started with Chocolate and added the minor details with Pastel Pink and Crisp White. I finished it of with a Jet Black outline.

These nails are one of my favorites for sure. I think they are ridiculously cute and I'm kinda jealous I didn't get to wear them, but I am really happy that my cousin loved them and knowing that a bunch of Sparks and Brownies are going nuts for them makes me smile.

 

3 comments:

  1. These are the cutest nail owls EVER! love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Owls and yours are soooo cute.
    Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls went crazy for them! And they are a big hit at home with Ashley too :) Thanks for being so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete