October 03, 2012

Day 273 - Spider Webs

Today is the first day of many exciting Halloween designs, It is by far my favorite holiday and I love October because of all the fun nail art. I find most of my clients get at least a couple nails done in a Halloween theme. It's great for the people who are not into dressing up but still want to have a little fun on the holiday. I decided the spider webs would be a good one to start with since it is the most popular request. I did have to fancy it up a little bit and add a spider made of crystals.
 
The base of this color is from the bohemian collection, I think its my favorite from the bunch but I am still undecided since they are all fantastic. One thing I am sure of, it's definitely an awesome color for Halloween! This design is a good one for all skill levels, painting spider webs is super easy.  You choose your starting point or centre and pull your lines outward fanning over the nail making sure they are evenly spread out. On the full web nail I start with an X and then pant a + going through it. The next step is the tiny connecting lines, these are just little swoops with a tiny arch. I try to imagine the c curve of a french when painting them. My trick though is the brush, I have one Jet Black instant artist which I have removed half of the hairs for a finer line, I find this is a huge help. The spider was the exciting part of the design, I could not contain myself when I thought of the idea. I glued a large round crystal (my supplier calls it large black AB round) but its a black crystal with many flat edges that pick up different colors. The one I used was a blue/purple mix. Then using a smaller pure black stone in the same shape I glued it to the nail just above the larger stone. With my black paint I painted four tiny lines coming out from either side of the spider, I paint two lines going up and two down curving in towards the spider on both sides. To add a little more detail I decided to add some eyes, since the edges of the crystals had flat surfaces I was able to glue two tiny clear crystals quite easily to the head of the spider.
 
I thoroughly enjoy these nails, So much that I may have to paint the same design again when I go out to a Halloween party on the 27th.
 
 
Polish: China Glaze Unpredictable

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god your nail art is freaking AWESOME! I absolutely love it, I like to play around with nail art but I am so hopeless at drawing anything good :( love your blog!!

    www.queenmorsh.com xx

    ReplyDelete