October 01, 2012

Day 271 - World Vegetarian Day

Today is World Vegetarian Day, a day I find very exciting. Being a vegetarian is a huge part of who I am and it makes me happy to have at least one day promote global awareness. I have only been vegetarian for 6 years, but in that short time it has made a huge difference in my life and since the day is all about awareness, Below I will post my top reasons to go veg and a video if you wish to watch it, I promise it will open your eyes.
 
This design I used a huge assortment of paints, I went with my usual instant artist colors when I could, but ended up using a variety of acrylic craft paint, some stripe rite colors and even the odd no name striping paint. I found for this design it was easier to paint the small shapes in black and then fill them in rather than try to outline the tiny details. For example when painting the eyes I would paint a couple black dots and wait for it to dry, then I filled it in with slightly smaller white dots. I go back and forth  but today this technique worked for me.
 
I have been so excited to paint these nails, I will truly be sad to take them off :(
 
 
 
Polish: China Glaze Electric Pineapple
 
I had to post the second photo from my instagram account to show how nicely
 the nails went with my Peta t-shirt
 
 
Why I am a Vegetarian
 
~ Eating meat is one of the biggest contributor to global warming, Factory farms create 40% more Green House gas emissions than all the cars, trucks and planes in the world combined
 
~Eating meat supports cruelty to animals, over 90% of animals raised for slaughter live in poor conditions never experiencing things that are natural to them such as grazing in a pasture or having a family

~chicken and pigs are as smart as most primates and have more complex personalities than your cat or dog. if you are okay with eating meat you should be okay with the idea of eating species used as household pets
~It takes one hundred times more water to produce a pound of beef than a pound of wheat. We have a growing world shortage of fresh water,
~Vegetarians are calmer and more spiritual than meat eaters
~You can not get fibre from meat or dairy, instead cholesterol and saturated fats, Vegetarians consume more iron and protein than the average meat eater
~Vegetarians live longer healthier lives, with a lower risk of cancer or heart disease. Women are 3 times less likely to get breast cancer when on a vegetarian diet. 
 
here's the video...by Peta narrated by Alec Baldwin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment