September 23, 2012

Day 263 - Roses, Stripes and Polka Dots

This design was painted on the owner of my salons daughter. She was celebrating her birthday and is a fan of my blog so I treated her to this cute mani. She was going for high tea and gave me complete creative freedom so this is what I came up with. I had painted these roses before on a couple posts (Victorian Roses on day 239 and Afternoon Tea on day 120) both of these designs were french so I was excited to paint them again on a full nail.
 
I started with the blue polish, it is hands down one of my favorite colors (what girl doesn't love a nice Tiffany blue?) originally I was going to stick with just the stripes but after the one nail was painted I felt I had to mix it up a little, so I pulled out my dotting tool and continued. The flowers are sooo easy to do, all you do is paint two dots of one color on top of each other I went with Instant Artist Rose next on either side of the two dots I painted two dots of white. After the dots are placed in a + I take my dotting tool and in a circular motion create a marbleized look. To turn these marbleized blobs into flowers I add in some definition using my Jet Black striping paint. to finish the design off I added in some tiny leaves.
 
I really enjoyed painting this design and I think it worked perfectly on smaller natural nails. 
 
 
Polish: China Glaze Aquadelic

1 comment: