September 22, 2012

Day 262 - First Day of Fall

I have to start this post by saying no I did not fall off the face of the earth and I definitely did not abandon my blog, I am so sorry that I have been MIA since august. We had a last minute move into a new condo and life has been chaotic. We are on the ground floor of a 14 floor building and have absolutely no cell service, quite frustrating when you use your cell for absolutely everything. Once the Internet was set up it was hard to get back into the swing of things, but I promise I am back and the blog will continue!
 
This design was painted on my client for the first day of fall, she wanted some nice bright autumn leaves painted over her nails. I loved the idea! and I am not going to lie I really enjoy Fall, yes our city can be a little bit wet but I enjoy switching over to the warmer clothing, plus every time the season changes so do all the polish trends. I was particularly excited about the release of China Glaze's Bohemian collection for fall. Every time new colors are released I usually pick up 2 or 3 of my favorites, but this one I could not bring myself to leave a single color behind they are all fantastic. The colors I used to paint the leaves were my usual, Orly Instant Artist Chocolate, Hot Orange, Hot Yellow, Beige, Fiery Red and Leafy Green.  the leaves were not quite popping like I had imagined, so using Jet Black I painted in some minor details and the design was done.
 
I have painted leaves in the past but for this design I went with a little more variety in leaf shape and added in the acorns, my favorite fall design to date.

 
 
 
Polish: China Glaze Unpredictable
 

1 comment: