August 25, 2012

Day 260 - Virgo

I am sure it comes as no surprise that I am doing Virgo nails, I usually do the zodiac signs within the first few days of that sign. To be honest I was hoping to put it off, but I decided to just bite the bullet. If you read my blog you know there is nothing I hate more than painting people, this was one of a few signs I was absolutely dreading.
 
Virgo is an earth sign so I went with earthy tones for the design, I painted the nails with this amazing golden olive green metallic polish (another one from my new bohemian collection)  Virgo was painted using my Green Grass So Easy Stripe Rite paint and then the symbol was painted with Instant artist Beige with a coat of solid gold on top. Next I outline it all in black then white like I usually do for all the signs. Finally the dreaded thumb where I had to paint the virgin maiden...surprisingly it was not as horrible as I had built it up in my head. I pulled up some Virgo images on google and kinda combined a few of them sticking with the same color scheme. I noticed in a lot of the images she was holding some sort of plant, unfortunately the pictures were black and white so I really have no idea what it was supposed to be. But since I did the Virgo in green I decided to go with a green plant, which kinda turned out like a beam sprout. I am almost 100% sure that's not what its supposed to be but what can you do? After all my stress about this design I can't really say much if that is my only complaint.
 
 
Polish: China Glaze Rare & Radient

No comments:

Post a Comment