August 23, 2012

Day 258 - Tropical Abstract and Flowers

I think I celebrated my birthday a little too much,  I have been slacking big time on my blog ...again! To be honest it was not all about me, this weekend I had a wedding to attend and my grandmother's 80th birthday. To top it all off I am moving next weekend so that has made everything a little bit crazier.
 
This design I did on one of my coworkers a few days ago, it's a combo of a couple designs I have done in the past. I started off with a new set of acylics, where I applied a purple glitter fade. Next I painted the abstract print using Orly Instant Artist in Jet Black and Hot Pink. On the ring finger and thumb I wanted to go with a 3D flower. these were made using my favorite mold and some neon pink acryic. Once the flowers were almost dry I removed them and glued them to the nails. In the centre of each nail I added a little black line to give it some definition.
 
These nails are definitely something I would wear, it has the three elements I like in my nails; glitter, 3D and super bright. I actually really struggled to get a decent photo because there was so much glitter and they are so neon.
 
 

1 comment: