August 18, 2012

Day 253- Unicorn

What a crazy couple days...Even though I have done 253 blog posts I still am very new to blogging, a few days ago I discovered through some of my amazing followers that my photos were being used by other people in contests and all over Instagram without giving me any credit. It is 100% my fault, I am completely naive and believed people didn't do those kinds of things, so I never bothered to watermark my photos...well long story short for the last three days I have been going the pictures from my blog and watermarking them, I'm not close to done but hopefully get everything switched over by the end of the week. It's a huge pain in the butt, but I definitely learnt my lesson.

Now on to what you came here for, today's blog post.  This without a doubt is my favorite request to date. One of my Instagram followers asked if I would paint a unicorn design and I could not wait to do this.

I started with a nice purple glitter french. It's from the Prismatic Chroma collection, China Glaze makes the best glitter polishes, in one coat they are almost completely opaque but the problem is they get crazy thick very quickly. Every time I see a client shaking the bottle filling it with air  I am crying inside. This purple I have had for a little while but have only used it a couple times, I've been saving it for a special design. Well today's was that day. I  knew this design  needed a fun sparkly background and this polish was perfect. The unicorn was painted using Instant Artist paints, I used Beige for the horse, Solid Gold and 24k Glitter for the horn and for the mane I used Hot Pink, Hot Yellow, Hot Blue and Grape. Everything was outlined with Jet Black and I finished off with some tiny flowers.

This design will break my heart to remove, I love it!


Polish: China Glaze Full Spectrum

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful! Can I ask what you did on your thumb? :D It's such a shame people were stealing your nail art and calling it their own :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish unicorns were real... :) I didn't start out watermarking my photos either and had to go back and do it. It's a necessary evil unfortunately. Sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sucks about the watermarking. It never ceases to amaze me how lazy and selfish people are. I mean, come on. The point of nail contests is to be creative and show people what you can do (not what you can google)! Sorry you had to learn that lesson the hard way - I've been reading so many entries about the importance of watermarking lately. I've definitely started even though my blog is still small.

    Anyway, that aside, these unicorn nails are just gorgeous! I'll definitely include a link to this post on my favorites post this Thursday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool and unique design!

    Also I wanted to let you know I have nominated you for a Liebster Award http://www.colouratyourfingertips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete