August 08, 2012

Day 244 - Emoji Nails

I'm back from vacation and I'm ready to devote myself to my blog I promise! Here is a fun design I did just before I left, it's kind of silly but I enjoyed painting it...here is my Emoji design. As an iPhone user I love using the Emoji's, either while texting or commenting on instagram I use them on a daily basis. Its such an easy way to express a feeling with these cute little pictures. For this post I went with some of my favorite faces

To do this design I started by painting the yellow dots spread out in a staggered pattern on the nails, next I outlined them in a orange. Then using a brown striping paint I added in the details, instead of outlining each thing I painted it first entirely in brown and then filled in the main color. For example when painting an eye I painted a brown dot then filled it in with white. I did this procedure for the entire design, trying to get it as close to the actual Emoji as possible. I think this design turned out really cute my only complaint is that the Seche Vite top coat was a little reflective in the photo

No comments:

Post a Comment