July 22, 2012

Day 235 - Mustang

Today is my husband's birthday so I thought I would do a post dedicated to him. When I was thinking of all the possible designs, I knew I had to do my nails to match his Mustang. His car is his pride and joy and I knew he would appreciate this design.

The hardest part of this design was trying to match the blue, his car is the light steel blue color (windveil blue) it is a combo of grey and blue, and there is a definite shimmer to it. To get the color I pretty much got a dappen dish and kept adding colors, in the end I think I used six total. For the design I used a combo of different nail art paints, some Instant Artist, Color Club and Strip Rite paints. I decided to paint the red, white and blue stripes on the pinky separate from the logo because I wanted to write Mustang above the horse and I didn't think the stripes would work. On the pointer finger I panted the black racing stripes like the ones that are on the car (shown below) On the other fingers I attempted to paint the Ford and the GT logos. Both were a little bit tricky, but they turned out close enough. I am pretty happy with the outcome of this design, I think it does represent the car pretty good, I have not shown my husband yet but I'm sure he will love them.


2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job!! I never seen a mustang nail design !! πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made a tiny horse, I love it.

    ReplyDelete