July 23, 2012

Day 236 - Leo

Today is the first day of the Leo zodiac sign, a day I have been waiting for since January when I painted the Capricorn design, and every sign since I have been anticipating today's post . I am a Leo, which does make me a little biased but I believe Leo is definitely with out a doubt the coolest sign. My birthday is the very last day and I am greatful I was able to sneak in there right at the end. Our character is a lion which is pretty awesome, and I love lions so I was really excited to finally get to paint one on my nails.

I must start by saying I wish all the signs were only three letters, it made this design so much easier not having to squish a long word onto my nails. I painted the word Leo in the usual style, color first with a black then white outline, same goes for the symbol just I used a different color. Creating the colors for the lion was definitely the challenging part, I am currently painting a mural at my girlfriends house and left my entire stock of acrylic paints there leaving me with just my collection of Instant Artist paints. After some wasteful blending I was able to mix the perfect shades, the colors I used were Hot Orange, Solid Gold, Chocolate and Beige. And for the word Leo I used 24K Glitter, Jet Black and Crisp White. These nails turned out to be everything I had hoped they would be! If only my cuticles were a little bit happier, I would have no complaints about this one.


Polish: China Glaze Harvest Moon

2 comments:

  1. That is great detail on the lion, I don't know how you can get all that into such a small space.

    ReplyDelete