July 21, 2012

Day 234 - Simple Daisies

I am going to be super honest...I decided this evening I was not going to bother posting because of the state of my nails. Since the long points were not going to work for the designs I have planned over the next few days I picked off my nails. Yes I admit it, I am a nail tech who has a major picking problem. For all my clients out there reading this...do as I say, not as I do!! It's a horrible habit and believe me it is so not worth it, my nails are short, crazy painful and really ugly right now, not something you want! So with that said I decided that there was no way I could do a design for tonight. However I woke up around midnight unable to sleep and I felt guilty so I slapped on some tips and decided go with a pretty basic design.

This one is one of my classics, still to this day very popular but I've been doing it since the start. I knew I wanted to do this design on a dark color, when I was shuffling through my polish box I came across a unused purple which I picked up a couple weeks ago, It was Let's Groove. This one was definitely a hidden gem in my opinion, Stella from the same collection has been one of my favorites, but I have truly been missing out all these years. It is a perfect shade of purple with a fabulous shimmer of purple, blue and red. The picture really does it no justice. The flowers were painted using my smallest dotting tool, I painted them first in white, two per nail. Next I painted a tiny purple dot on the base of each petal using acrylic craft paint. Then using Instant Artist Platinum I added in the little silver dots swirling around the flowers. This one is very easy but I'm glad I did it, now I won't have to hide my nails all day tomorrow.


Polish: China Glaze Let's Groove

1 comment: