July 18, 2012

Day 231 - lightning Bolts

For today's post I wanted to go with a design that was simple, bright and fun. I'm not too sure why, but I had it in my head I wanted lightning bolts. It could have been because of the crazy lightning we had on the weekend, but who knows? I can't explain half of the ideas that pop into my head

I started withe the base color, which is the pink tone on the bottom left of lightning bolts. Next I painted the lightning bolts in black, while these dried I filled in the top corner with Instant Artist Grape. For the final step I outlined each Lightning bolt  with Platinum and added in some black crystals at the top of each one. All the colors used for the design are Orly Instant Atist paints




The above picture is taken the usual way with my iphone, but I found that no matter what I did the bright polish was not showing up good. So I decided to add a filter to match it as good as I could (shown in second photo)


Polish: Purple Panic

No comments:

Post a Comment