July 13, 2012

Day 226 - Tiger Claws

Today's post was inspired by my best friend. A while back I did a post and dedicated it to one of my girlfriends (day 160 - black bird fly) and since then I have been meaning to dedicate posts to my other girlfriends just to be fare. The friend I had in mind while doing today's design loves animal prints, especially tiger. Since I have painted a few animal print designs already I decided to do something completely different.

I did this post on my left hand as usual, but after completing the design I realized that it would look even better on pointed nails, so I quickly slapped on some tips on my right hand and did it all over again. This design was done using printed foil, it's been around forever but I just discovered it and it's my newest obsession. the technique I use to apply the foil to the nail is without any foil adhesive, instead I wiped the back of the foil strip with acetone and then pressed it into nail polish. It was a little tricky applying the tiger print because the lines were getting broken up, it would have been much easier with a leopard print. When the foil was all applied I was left with a rough edge around the nail so I decided to outline the nail using a gold glitter. I think the final outcome looks pretty sick, this design is a little bit crazy for my friend but I'm sure she sill enjoy it.


4 comments:

  1. Coach nails (the purse brand)! (I recently started reading ur blog so I dont know if you have done those yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! Had fun painting them on day 227 :)

      Delete
  2. Tiger print and shiny, my two favorite things! These nails are the best!! It's totally okay to be over the top if it's done well and these nails couldn't be more perfect.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them!!! My toes match but they are leopard :)

      Delete