July 11, 2012

Day 224 - Magic Mike

After many requests for this design, I finally gave in and did it. It has been suggested to me several times over the last two weeks, so tonight I decided to give it a go. I've seen the movie...twice, lol!!  And I'm not going lie, in my opinion it's not a great movie, but to me Channing Tatum is perfect and he makes it worth every cent. Plus the other guys are bad to look at either!

I painted the nails with a solid black polish, Liquid Leather in fact, lol!! what could be more suiting? Most of the design was painted using acrylic paint, I needed specific colors and my nail art paints just would not cut it, most of the colors were a custom blend. For the bodies I outlined them using Instant Artist Chocolate and highlighted them with beige, the dollar bills were outlined with Stripe Rite Green Grass. For this design I chose to use a darker shade of the color as an outline instead of the black that I usually use because I think the dark lines would have looked too harsh.

At first I had no interest in doing this design but I am so glad I did! These are just way too fun, and I am a little pervy so they really are fitting. Thank you for those of you who request specific designs, it's always appreciated and it definitely saves me on those days when I have no inspiration, keep them coming!! :)


Polish: China Glaze Liquid Leather

8 comments: