July 08, 2012

Day 220 - Geckos

I started off with good intentions of posting early, but this afternoon I decided to go for a super long bike ride and enjoy the lovely weather. Next thing I know I was passed out in bed for the entire evening. Luckily I do not have to do my nails in the middle if the night because I painted a fun design on one of my clients this morning. She wanted blue and green geckos on a bright polish.

I started with this super fun bright orange base, then using Fiery Red, Hot Green, Hot Blue and Hot Orange Instant Artist paints I painted squared swirls over each nail. Next I painted  the geckos using So Easy Stripe Rite paints in Midnight Blue and Green Grass. I painted them alternating the colors and facing in different directions. To finish these cute little guys, I gave them eyes, some detail on their bodies and black outline. The top coat I used was really shiney so the pictures have a bit of glare but you get the idea.




Polish: China Glaze Papaya Punch

2 comments: