July 05, 2012

Day 218 - Amazing Spider-Man

Today's post is inspired by my brother. Today is his birthday and he is a big fan of the Amazing Spider-Man comic books, he's one of those guys that makes being a nerd super cool, So I wanted to paint something that was a combo of both. When I heard that the movie was coming out this summer and the release date was near his birthday, I just knew he would appreciate this design and I had to do it!  I am sooo happy I did because I love how these turned out! they are definitely on my top 10 favorite designs list.

I started off this design with this metallic steel blue polish, then using a matte black polish I painted in buildings over the four fingers. To give them some detail I outlined them in black and painted in some windows. These buildings pretty much got covered up by everything else but you can see them faintly in the background. For the rest of the design I painted it using Jet Black, Platinum and Fiery Red Instant Artist Paints. Spider-Man was painted first in red then outlined and detail was painted in black the I finished him by filling in the eyes and adding some silver highlight over the web print. I was very shocked that this design turned out as good as it did, I was very nervous painting this and I am beyond pleased with the final outcome and as predicted my brother thought they were awesome so I am happy!

Above is a photo without flash in natural light, below is edited in instagram. I usuall never post edited photo's but I really liked the effect of the photo so here it is...


Polish: China Glaze Drawn To You

3 comments:

  1. these are amazing, I just done spider man nails last night too. No where near as good as these tho! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that's absolutely amazing!
    Can't say, which part of the Nailart is the best, 'cause Spidermans Face is perfekt, the spider is perfect and of course cobweb.
    Love it!


    You've got a new Follower too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed doing these and I am so happy you guys like them! And thank you for the follow, very much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete