June 30, 2012

Day 213 - Canada Day #1

Today I'm posting my Canada Day nails. I wanted to go with a sparkly design in white, black and red to match my Team Canada hockey t-shirt that I will be wearing tomorrow.

I started with a pearl polish, then using a makeup sponge with the edge torn off, I sponged a black paint over the top left corner of each nail. For the sparkles I used a combo of polish and loose nail sequins. First I painted a coat of Love, Marilyn over the sponged tip and then I pressed the tiny red seguins into the polish. The final step was to paint the maple leafs (which I hate doing) I painted the outline first and then filled it in with red. The two paints I used were Instant Artist Jet Black and Fiery Red. I think these look pretty cute for the day but I am not going to lie, the maple leafs are not great. The thumb turned out perfect and then I kinda struggled with the rest. We have such a simple flag but it's a pain to do!


Polish: China Glaze Alpine Snow and Love, Marilyn

2 comments: