June 26, 2012

Day 208 - Black Tie


Today I have to post twice to make up for my lack of blogging on the weekend, so I am posting two simpler designs. Even though this design is really easy it still makes a big statement. If you loyally read my blog you will know that I am obsessed with 3D nail art and I love sparkly things, so when I saw these crystal covered bows I just had to pick them up.

This french took a few extra coats to complete. I started with a nice glossy french base color and then I painted one coat of the matte black polish over the tip. Next step was to paint a line using my Instant Artist Jet Black along the smile line. For this design I wanted the tip matte but the rest of the nail glossy so I painted one coat of Seche Vite top coat over the entire nail, to get a matte tip I painted a second coat of the matte black and then painted a single coat of Orly matte top coat over the tip only. By having the black line shiney, once the bows were glued on it looked as though the black line ran through the bow. I am really happy with this design, I think they look super classy and they make me wish I had some fancy gala or ball to go to. 


Polish: Zoya Dovima (Matte)

2 comments:

  1. May I ask where you buy the bows, or does someone hand make that? It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! I get them at my local Night market but I have seen them here...

      http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wholesale-3d-bows-nail-art.html

      Delete