June 19, 2012

Day 202 - Party Nails

Tonight I was posting super late and had major nail art block, so I decided to go on instagram for some inspiration. I came across Robin Moses' Abstract foil and stones design which I thought was completely awesome, so I checked out her tutorial on youtube and gave it a go.  For those of you who don't know about Robin Moses you must watch her videos, she is the one person that inspired me to take my hand painted nail art to the next level just from watching her tutorials and painting along.

Here is the tutorial for the design that inspired me today..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkkjBj0DLPg check it out because she explains it the best. If you haven't used foil before believe me its not as easy as she makes it! I found it very tricky to use even following the directions. In Robin's design she did the one nail, but to make it my own I decided to do them all. The other change I made was that I went with a thicker outline around the nail, I got that inspiration from Top Coat It (You can also check her out under my favorite blogs located on the side bar) She's been rockin the outlined nail look in a few of her blog posts lately and I just love the look! Even though the design is not my idea, I love getting the chance to do designs in homage to the people that inspire me the most.



No comments:

Post a Comment