June 16, 2012

Day 199 - Marilyn Monroe

I have been going through withdrawal from my true blood nails and needed a design that made me equally happy. So for today's design I went with a Marilyn Monroe water slide decal design. I just love anything Marilyn Monroe and since there are so many awesome black and white prints of her, I just knew I would love these nails.

This is one of those designs where it looks amazing in person but kinda looses it detail in the photo, but I hope you get the idea. I went with a super metallic silver as the base, I think that's what threw off the camera. For this water slide design, I decided to go with full nail coverage, this is definitely more difficult than cutting around the picture. Once the decals were made (see day 193 for directions) I cut out each picture in the shape of my nail, after applying the decal I used a small nail scissor to trim the excess parts of the decal off. I then applied a coat of fast forward top coat and used an orange wood stick to smooth down the edges. To finish it off I applied a second coat of top coat. These nails definitely did not dissapoint me, they were just what I needed.



Polish: China Glaze Millennium

1 comment:

  1. I just went back to look at the soccer nails.... how did I not see this before!!! Possibly my fav so far.

    ReplyDelete