June 10, 2012

Day 193 - True Blood

True Blood and Eric Northman are back in my life, so all is good in my world again! It's been a painful wait but I'm so happy that my favorite show has started again. For those of you who don't watch True Blood, you are seriously missing out!! It took me a couple seasons before I became completely hooked and now I cannot get enough of it. I even started reading the books last month to tie me over and I'm already on book 7. So of course for the season premier I just had to do a True Blood Design.

These were done using water slide decals, I have recently discovered this method and love it! I get the special paper from my local hobby shop, it's meant to be used on model cars but works wonderfully as nail decals. This technique is both super easy and very challenging at the same time. Applying the decal is really easy, it's the same as any water slide decal you would buy at the store. All you do is drop it in water, slide the backing off and stick it to the nail ( I prefer semi dry polish)The challenging part is making the decal. Once I finally find the pictures I want to use, I have to save them to my computer, crop and re size them. Making the picture actually fit on the nail can be a real pain in the butt, but if you are willing to put in the time and effort anyone can make awesome nail decals. Even the most novice nail artist. The paper comes in clear or white, for this design I used clear since the polish was white. If you are applying to a dark color definitely use white.  I love these nails!!! the only thing that could make me happier is if I had put a picture of Eric on all the fingers, lol!! And the best part is I had pre blogged Euro cup nails for the next four days so I get to wear these until Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE! WOW talented! the best part about your blog is that you show how creative & expressive you can be with your nails
    and yes eric on every nail would be a dream..with his shirt off..

    ReplyDelete