June 08, 2012

Day 191 - World Oceans Day - Nemo


Today is World Oceans Day, a day where we can celebrate all the wonderful things the ocean provides us. This day must also reminds us of all the environmental challenges that effect our oceans, such as pollution and over-consumption of fish. As a vegetarian, I am always asked if I still eat fish, and to be honest eating fish is the meat I am most against. I find so many people lean towards seafood today as a healthier option, but quickly they forget the long term damage it is doing to our planet. Ocean conservation is something I am truly passionate about and I ask you watch the short video I have attached to the bottom of this post. Sometimes I use this blog to push a good cause, it's not very often I do this, but I think its important to spread these messages.

To bring attention to this important cause, I thought what would be better than some Finding Nemo nails! It's one of my favorite animated movies and really sea life cannot look any cuter. I hope you like them, this one took a little more effort than most posts. These guys were painted with so many different paints, I used the usual Instant Artist paints, random nail art paints and some acrylic craft paint, I even mixed a bunch of them together for some of the colors. This design was just a bunch of layering. I started with the darker tones and added highlights and detail as I went.

This one was definitely a challenge, but I love it!!


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely love it - great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG itÄs soo good! I love it =) especially DOri and the lil turtle

    ReplyDelete