June 06, 2012

Day 189 - More 3D Flowers

Today I was really wanting some 3D nail art. In my life before the blog I always wore 3D nail art. I love the look of it, It's so easy to do and yet it makes a big statement.

I wish I could say I had mad skills when it comes to free hand sculpting acrylic nail art, but I am definitely still a beginner in that department. When I do 3D, 99% of the time it is created from a mold, which in my opinion is the greatest thing in the nail industry. All you do is press some acrylic into the silicone mold, wait for it to be semi dry and press it on to the nail and ta da, you have fabulous nails! I had used the mold in a previous post (day 140) so I wanted to make it a little different. Using a teal striping paint from color club I added in a bit of color to the base of each nail and then finished it off each flower with some glitter (China Glaze White Cap) and a crystal. The design needed a little bit more, so I added in the teal swirls and little white dots. These nails are definitely fun, this is a design I would have definitely worn for a few weeks.


Polish: China Glaze Beach Cruise-R

No comments:

Post a Comment