May 31, 2012

Day 183 - Prom Queen

With grad season quickly approaching, I wanted to do a design that I thought was good for prom. These nails have tons of sparkle and bling which make it perfect for the event. But also makes it very frustrating to photograph. I posted a couple pics in different lighting, I hope you but you get the idea of what I was going for. In real life these nails look great!

I started by painting the nails in a soft pearl pink, while the polish was still wet I dipped each finger into my opal glitter to give it some sparkle. Using a black striping paint I painted the black chevron french, I chose black because I think it looks quite elegant when worn with formal attire, also it seems to be very popular with the high school kids. Next I painted a silver criss cross pattern on the tips of the nails and added a  tiny pink sequin where the lines crossed. To finish the design I added a large round swarovzski crystal with a smaller almond shaped one beneath on the. The ring finger was special so it got the large 3D Crystal crown, another goody picked up at my local night market.



Polish: China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment