May 29, 2012

Day 181 - Strawberry Patch

Today's post was inspired by a cake I found on pinterest (I posted the pic at the bottom, there was no link to who made it so I can't give credit). In my nail art kit I had this strawberry 3D acrylic mold, which was perfect for this design so I decided to give it a go.

I just picked up the three pack of Zoya's Matte Mods and this green was one of the colors. I painted my nails and found that the color did not work at all with my skin tone, So when in doubt I say dip it in glitter, a little sparkle can make anything right! After the nails were nicely coated I went over them with a top coat to ensure I had a smooth surface to work with. I made the flowers and strawberries by filling in the mold with green, red and white acrylic. While I waited for the acrylic to harden, I painted the stems and leaves using my So Easy Stripe Rite paint. Next step was to glue on the flowers and strawberries, once they were securely attached, I added some final detail using my Instant Artist paints. I finished the design by adding some little green dots and gave it a final coat of Seche Vite top coat


                  

Polish: Zoya Mitzi

2 comments:

  1. LOL, so fun, makes me hungry :) Well done, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I always appreciate your nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete