May 27, 2012

Day 179 - Cinderella

On the weekend I painted my toes with this blue polish and gave it coat of opal glitter to add some sparkle. The combo of the color and glitter reminded me of Cinderella, which I love because anything Disney makes me happy. So for  today's post I decided to get my inspiration from my feet and take my Cinderella nails to the next level.

This one is a little bit harder to explain, I really didn't know what I was doing so I painted everything in really soft colors, then slowly building up the colors as I went. You will notice this especially on the nails with the the glass slipper and the carriage, I think I must of outlines them about three or four different times to add hints of color and detail. Cinderella was definitely challenging, and it did not help that my nails are kinda short right now. I painted the clock in purple and silver and then added some swirly details around it. I was really feeling the purple so I decided to continue with the swirls on the middle and ring finger. To finish the design I painted in some shine marks ( I think that's what you call them) and some tiny little dots coming off them. Now looking at the picture, I think Cinderella could have turned out a little bit better, especially with more room. But other than than I love this design!


Polish: China Glaze Bahamian Escape and Snow Globe

No comments:

Post a Comment