May 24, 2012

Day 176 - Monsters

Every now and then I do a design where I just shake my head and laugh, today is definitely one of those days! I really am not sure where this idea came from, I was just digging through my drawer with all my 3D embellishments, when I came across some googly eyes in an unopened pack and I thought, these could be fun to play with. Next thing you know, I have a bunch of crazy monsters on my nails. But I am not going to lie I kinda love them, they bring a smile to my face every time I look at them.

These were done using a variety of nail polishes, Instant Artist paints and acrylic craft paints. Each monster was painted in the base color, kinda deciding the shape as I went. Next I gave them all mouths and added other details to give each monster its own personality. Once that was done I outlined everything and gave it a good coat of top Coat. Final step was the eyes, I waited for the top coat to dry and I attached each eye with a drop of nail glue. As silly as the eyes are, they are just too much fun! I know these will get used again in the future.


Polish: China Glaze Splish Splash

5 comments:

  1. Aww this is so cute and funny - I have been looking for eyes like that, can you tell me where you bought them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I luv it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! The googly eyes were bought at Michael's, They have the really small ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I live in Denmark, so I had hoped they were available online somewhere :)
    Do you b.t.w. know that commenting is difficult for those of us who follow you via bloglovin because you have chosen the comment box to open in a new window? It opens a blanc window and then it freezes...
    On blogs like my own where the comment window is right below the post - there are no problems...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know!! I will fix it asap :)

    ReplyDelete