May 23, 2012

Day 175 - Cupcakes

Who does not love a good cupcake? I sure do! On the weekend I treated myself and hit up one of those little cupcake boutique shops, they had a booth at the local night market and I could not resist. Ever since I had the cupcake I have been thinking I sould get out my baking supplies and wip up a batch. Since today was another late work night I had to choose between baking or blogging and of course the blog won so this post is my compromise, I decided to put the cupcakes on my nails instead. Since bikini season is quickly coming  I guess in the end they are better on my nails then on my hips anyway, lol!

I started this design with this awesome purple base, definitely one of my favs this Spring. I then painted the cups, these were done using four different polishes mostly from the electropop collection with the exception of the green thats acolor from last year. Using my black and Instant Artist white striping paint I outlined them and added some polka dots. Next I painted the rest of the cupcake using a brown and cream paint. To finish off the icing I painted a coat of CG snow globe to look like sprinkles and painted in a flower that coordinated with the different cups. These nails are way too much fun and I can honestly say I will be sad to remove them tomorrow.


Polish: China Glaze Sweet Hook, Aquadellic, Electric Pineapple, Dance Baby and Electric Beat

4 comments: