May 21, 2012

Day 173 - Caviar Manicure

Lately I have seen the caviar manicure every where, it's been on magazine covers, all over the Internet and now I see Sephora is even carrying a DIY caviar manicure kit. So for today's post I thought I would give it a go myself.

The concept of these nails is really simple, but believe me they are a bit of work. All you do is paint two coats of polish and then sprinkle the beads over the nail and press them down using your finger. I found the beads were a little tricky to smooth out over the nail,  some spots had too many beads where other spots were missing some. But after messing around with it for a little while I got it all smoothed out.  I found the key is to work on one finger at a time and definitely wait awhile for it to dry. I think the look is pretty cute but not worth the headache. At first I was super excited to use the bullion beads which I have had in my drawer for years but I quickly remembered why I do not use these things, they are way too finicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment