May 13, 2012

Day 165 - Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day today! I had a very busy but great day spent with family. For today's post I really wanted to do a design for my Mum, she checks my blog every day and is such a huge supporter of my career and all my other crazy projects. I had planned to do a water slide decal of a picture of my Mum and me but it started to crack after I applied the top coat. I'm really disappointed that my original idea did not turn out but what can you do! I will post the photo of the failed thumb below the picture of the final design

The look I was going for these nails was a tattoo kind of look based on those heart Mom tattoos people have. I started with the ring finger painting the heart with the banner going across. On the surrounding ringers I painted a giant yellow rose (my Mum's favorite) for the flowers I painted the general shape in yellow then outlined it and added some white highlights. Next was the thumb, the decal as mentioned before was a complete flop so I decided to go with the words in the matching colors. In the end they didn't turn out as planned but my Mum liked them so that's all that matters!!

Polish: China Glaze Sea Spray

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you weren't happy with how the decal turned out. I think it looks great! How did you do that? I've wanted to do something like that before, but didn't know how to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's waterslide decal paper I get from my local hobby shop, usually used for model cars and you print what you want on it, seal it and cut it out. Usually it works great, no idea what happened

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that existed! I'll have to pick some up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete