May 11, 2012

Day 163 - One Love

After so many years after his death, Bob Marley is still loved by so many people and generations across the world. For the anniversary of his death I just had to do these nails in tribute.

For the most part these nails were actually really easy. I will start by saying no I did not paint the ring finger...I wish I was that talented! But I'm not so instead I made a water slide decal, a technique I recently discovered and love. For the ring finger I sponged the three colors over the nail and applied the decal which was painted on clear decal paper. The black had printed off a little grainy so I went over with some black paint to make it look a little sharper. The other fingers were painted with a variety of striping paints by Orly and So Easy, I wanted to keep it random but all in the color scheme. I am just way too happy with how these nails turned out, it's always exciting when they look better on the nails then your head. Usually it's the other way around.

Polish: China Glaze Liquid Leather and Sunshine Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment