May 07, 2012

Day 159 - Butterfly Fade

Today I wanted to paint a cute Spring design so I went with butterflies on a sparkly nail.

I decided to go with the fade as a base for a softer look. To paint the fade I started with the soft blue polish applying it to the top 3/4 of the nail using a make-up sponge. I then sponged the green color over the tips fading it into the blue polish, to blend it all together I painted a coat of glitter polish over the entire nail. I painted the butterflies using three different shades of instant artist and the outline was done in black. For the details on the wings I painted a y in the middle of each one and added three pearl white dots. When I was taking the picture it was way too reflective so I decided to add a coat of matte top coat, which I actually think turned out Pretty cool with the sparkles.

1 comment: