May 04, 2012

Day 156 - May the fourth be with you!

Happy Star Wars day to all the fans out there! This design is dedicated to my brother, he loves the movies. Growing up there was countless Star Wars marathon movie nights, I was never really a fan I think it was because as a child there was a year where I had ongoing nightmares of being kidnapped by ewocks, it was pretty traumatic, lol!!

These nails were definitely a challenge, there is nothing I hate more than having to paint people, especially characters that are so well known. But I went with more of a cartoon look to make it a little bit easier. I decided to start by painting all the outlines of the characters with black, that way I could adjust the lines until I was happy with them. When everything looked good I colored it all in using a variety of acrylic and instant artist paints. I think everything turned out pretty good, my brother loved them so since I got his approval I'm happy!

Polish: China Glaze Attraction and Liquid Leather

1 comment: