April 27, 2012

Day 148 - Retro Flowers

I was flipping through my new Nails Magazine today and came across the IBS Vegas ad and felt inspired. They had the word beauty in black filled with bright colored flowersin all different shapes and colors all with a retro feel.

For my design I went with daisies over a black french tip in colors matching the flowers on the ad. I painted the five petals using a med sized dotting tool, the center dot was painted using a larger size to cover the base of all the petals. I found it a little tricky to get the colors bright enough so I had to go over the dots a couple times to build up the color. If I were to do it again, I think I would have painted the flowers in white first so the colors really popped.



Polish: China Glaze Stone Cold

No comments:

Post a Comment