April 11, 2012

Day 133 - Dried Flowers

I mentioned yesterday that I was cleaning my old nail art supplies and came across some old favorites that I have not used in years, this is one of them. I loved the dried flowers when they came out and when I came across them I knew they would make an adorable spring design.

Usually I would do the dried flowers with a french or fade, but today I decided to do an all over color with some glitter pressed into the tips. I chose a color that matched the flowers to help them blend into the nails rather than have them floating. The flowers can be a little bit tricky, they are very fragile and the petals easily fall off. I find the best way to apply them is start by pressing them into either wet polish or acrylic, then I take a piece of plastic wrap and use it to press the flowers into the nail, this seals the flower into the design without any loose pieces sticking up.

1 comment: