April 09, 2012

Day 131 - Bugs Bunny

I had painted a couple different designs involving rabbits over the Easter weekend and when thinking about today's design I thought I definitely could not leave out my favorite rabbit of all Bugs Bunny.

I like painting these designs where it is one picture spread over the five fingers, it's fun and I love the challenge of making sure everything lines up. For this one I used acrylic craft paint and a variety of brushes, I painted the colors first so I could easily adjust the proportions to make it as accurate as possible. For the outline I used my instant artist black but for some reason my brush was a little thick today so I washed it off and thinned it out. I parted the hairs of the brush and cut out 2/3 of it, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner but it makes outlining a million times easier. I am really happy with how these nails turned out, I think I may have to try a few more of the looney tunes characters in the near future


Polish: Avon Lagoon

No comments:

Post a Comment