March 03, 2012

Day 94 - Abstract with Flowers

I had my Acrylic molds out again today and just had to play. I have so much stuff I had actually forgotten I had this mold. I was super excited when I found it in my kit, I  really like this specific flower because the petals look like little hearts which I think is really cute! 

This design started off with a new polish I picked up this week from China Glaze's Prismatic Collection, these colors are great for spring the polishes have nice small multicolored glitters with a color shifting base. And I'll take any excuse to add a new glitter polish to the collection! I went with a fade because this polish is great for fading as it doesn't paint on as opaque as the previous glitter collections have. After the polish was dry I applied a top coat so the nail art had a smooth surface. I didn't want to have the flowers just floating so I painted an abstract design on the nails using striping paints and a dotting tool,. Once the flowers were secure, I finished off the nails by adding the little pink studs (another item I picked up this week) I have been searching everywhere for silver nail studs and came across these pink ones, they are hard to see in the photo but they are adorable! they are tiny metal circles with a flat top.


Polish: China Glaze Prism

No comments:

Post a Comment